Common Equity Housing South Australia Ltd (Common Equity) actively promotes and enacts the principles of co-operation in order to provide a high standard of service, and welcomes feedback on services and staff. We would love to hear about your experiences in accessing our services as it provides us with further opportunities to continuously improve our services.


How to Provide Feedback

CEHSA has several ways to receive feedback from its tenants and CEHSA Member Organisations (Volunteer Member Tenant Managed Organisations), which could be in the form of a complaint, a comment, or a suggestion. Feedback on CEHSA services and the way the service has been delivered can be provided by:

  • using the complaint form (click on icon below)
  • phone (8354 2790) or in person (Suite 2, 32 West Thebarton Rd, Thebarton) – you can ask to speak with the CEO about staff, services and decisions made.
  • email to info@cehsa.com.au 
  • writing to Chief Executive Officer, Common Equity Housing South Australia Ltd,  PO Box 382, Torrensville Plaza 5031


All feedback will be acknowledged within 24 hrs of receipt.


Making a complaint – What can you make a complaint about?

CEHSA wants to make sure our services work for the people who need and use them. This could include an expression of dissatisfaction with a specific aspect of CEHSA’s services (standard or type), lodged by an individual party or group, or their representative.  If the issue is addressed and still unresolved, a complaint can be made via the same channels as stated in the CEHSA Guidelines on providing feedback relating to:

  • how a service was provided
  • the conduct of a staff member

    Complaint Form


We want to know if you believe that:

  • you were given unsatisfactory service
  • you did not receive enough information or choice
  • you were denied respect, dignity or privacy


You can also contact CEHSA and ask to speak to the supervisor of the staff member who:

  • provided the service
  • made the decision
  • you would like to complain about


All complaints are dealt with courteously, treated seriously and confidentially. Your feedback will be acknowledged in writing within a few days, and addressed promptly according to an agreed timescale. When making a complaint, it may be useful for you to keep note of:

  • who you spoke with
  • the date and time you talked to them
  • what you talked about e.g. what you were told, and what they were going to do


Please refer to the CEHSA Compliments and Complaints Management Policy and Procedure if you require further information (Policy – Compliments and Complaints Management; Procedure – Compliments & Complaints Flow ChartProcedure – Compliments and Complaints Management)


Further information

Need assistance?

Lodging a complaint and seeking a resolution can sometimes involve sensitive issues. CEHSA can provide assistance and support throughout the process of making a complaint, and can arrange an interpreter to help with language services. You may also give permission to someone else to lodge a complaint on your behalf.


What happens to the information collected about complaints?

Your personal information, and any information related to people who are the subject of a complaint is protected by law, including the Privacy Act 1988, and should be confidential, and only used for the purposes of addressing the complaint and any follow up actions.

Although the investigation of your complaint may involve sharing your personal information with other relevant areas within CEHSA to achieve a resolution, your personal  information will be kept confidential and only be used or disclosed for the purposes of addressing the complaint, or any related purpose that you would reasonably expect.

CEHSA also collects and uses a range of personal information for delivering, planning, funding, monitoring, evaluating and improving our services and functions, and for meeting statutory requirements. Unless it is necessary for the purpose of the collection, CEHSA will remove identifying details from this personal information.

If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with, you can contact:

 Tenants’ information and Advocacy Service (TIAS), Tel: 8305 060 462 – 1800 060 462 



 Additional Related Information