Common Equity Housing South Australia (Common Equity) is a member focused, not-for-profit umbrella organisation comprising housing co-operatives and associations and directly managed tenancies.
The core Common Equity model is to provide support services to housing co-ops run by members to enable them to have the time and energy to build strong communities, social networks and better health and well-being outcomes for their members.
We do this by:
- providing professional administrative services and support to our members;
- assisting members with compliance and regulatory requirements;
- enabling members to retain their identity and autonomy in day-to-day operations;
- providing security of tenure for community housing tenants;
- providing a flexible operating model, including member elected board representation, that seeks to meet the needs of Common Equity’s members;
- providing a central contact point for members and other housing sector bodies.